Preventing Basement Leaks
The number one way to prevent basement leaks is to have a positive slope or grading going away from the home. Another good solution would be to make sure that eavestroughs are cleaned, your downspouts are functioning properly, and your window wells are also cleaned out. Especially through the fall months where a lot of leaves and debris will build up and basically cause a blanket which will not allow any drainage to the vertical drains.
You should always make sure that you have a positive slope away from your property. In other words, you should have the edge of your property tapering away from the building. Pay close attention to your downspouts and your rainwater leaders as they should always be directing water away from the property. The further the better.
Lastly, you can make sure you have proper caulking around all windows and door seams. Any protrusions through the house, for example, gas lines or dryer vents, should also be caulked and sealed.
RCC Waterproofing and Foundation Repairs has been servicing Ontario customers for 96 years. Their repairs have outlived lifetime warranties by at least two times. The company provides professionally trained sales representatives to view, assess and quote on repairs. The installers are employees of RCC and most have long term working relationships. RCC carries full insurance including WSIB coverage and HST registration.
RCC Waterproofing offers:
- A Lifetime Waterproofing Guarantee!
- 24-hour emergency services for Ontario residences
- Fully trained technical sales representatives to view, assess and quote the repair
- 96 years of third-generation family success both in products and services and superb warranty
- Full-service options, providing either exterior or interior repairs depending on issues, location, and structure
- A successful record of servicing over 75,000 customers